Brown’s Run Premier Golf course remains open, but with modifications to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. Our COVID19 response is based on the belief we provide a service to our community that is consistent with Governor DeWine’s encouragement to spend time outdoors while simultaneously maintaining social distancing in an effort to prevent the spread of the COVID19 virus.
We have always taken pride in our safe and clean facilities. But now, we are ramping up our efforts to mitigate the COVID19 pandemic. Following guidelines from the CDC, WHO, Ohio’s Governor, Ohio’s Director of Public Health, and the Greater Cincinnati Golf Association, we have implemented the following actions:
- Any employee displaying symptoms or who has a family member displaying symptoms will be self-quarantined at home for a minimum of 14 days
- All frequently contacted surfaces are sanitized multiple times daily with either quaternary ammonium, phenol, alcohol, or chlorine-based disinfectants
- A minimum of 6ft distance will be maintained between individuals
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products will be readily available for staff and guests
- Constant monitoring of national and local trends and adjusting safety protocols when appropriate and necessary
We will also be making the following changes to our Operations:
Booking Tee Times
- Tee times should be booked either online at brownsrun.com or by calling the Pro Shop directly at 513-423-6291. Payment for tee times online or over the phone is strongly encouraged. This allows us to keep in-person transactions to a minimum.
- Additionally, payments will be limited to credit card only.
- For any elderly or vulnerable golfers desiring a more isolated golfing experience, please call our Pro-Shop at 513-423-6291. We will do our best to accommodate your need.
Rear Pro-Shop Check-in
- Adherence to social distancing rules is mandatory as golfers check-in. Once a golfer checks in at the rear of the Pro Shop, Golfers will be assigned a numbered golf cart.
- There will be separate staging areas for golfers arriving early or late for their tee times. This will maintain proper distance from other golfers beginning their rounds.
Curtailed bag handling
- Players are expected to handle their own clubs. If your clubs are stored at the Pro Shop, contact us prior to your tee time so we can make your clubs available.
Access to the Clubhouse and Pro Shop will be restricted to restrooms only.
- Guests are required to exercise proper social distancing and hand washing methods for everyone’s protection.
No simulator play
Practice Facilities Closed
Modifications to our rules of play:
- Walkers encouraged
- It is a form of social distancing and pushcarts are available for use if requested.
- One to a cart
- Golfers residing in different households are required to maintain social distancing guidelines by riding one to a cart. However, members from the same household may share a cart at their discretion.
- Flagsticks in
- At all times, flagsticks must remain in the hole. A device will be positioned in the hole to keep the ball above the ground.
- Any ball that touches the cup perimeter is considered holed.
No ball washers or seed bottles
No sand trap rakes
The golfer is allowed two sand bunker options.
- Option One: play as “ground under repair” which allows a free drop that is no closer to the hole
- Option Two: play the bunker and repair the sand with your golf spikes to the best of your ability
- Stay at least six feet away from your playing partners.
- Golfers are requested to remove their own trash from their carts. All cart surfaces will be sanitized upon return by staff members before another golfer is permitted to use the cart.
With the right precautions, golf can allow us to get out and safely exercise in the fresh air, reduce stress, and enjoy ourselves while still following recommendations for social distancing.